Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Itsy Bitsy Yummy Pockets

I made these for the kids for breakfast today. I think it would be a great addition to the lunchbox as well or as an after school snack. I made some different variations and I personally loved the peanut butter and banana. Get creative and try them out and let me know what you think.

Mochi is a traditional Japanese food made from sweet rice. It is steamed and then pounded. When it bakes it puffs up. It is non-dairy and wheat-free. I purchased an organic brown rice product I found at Whole Foods. It came in a flat square and I cut it into 1" squares before baking.

Itsy Bitsy Blueberry Pocket
Blueberries & Honey
or
Natural Peanut Butter & Banana
or
Kiwi & Pineapple
or
Anything you like

Cut the mochi into 1" squares, place on a cookie sheet and bake at 450 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool for 1 minute.

Cut a slit into the mochi square and stuff with with your choice of ingredients. You can drizzle it with honey to finish it off.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails