Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Crabby Patties


The kids love Sponge Bob. They don't all love eating fish though. My 8 year old Liam loves fish and has been asking for it so I thought I would give these Salmon Patties a try. OK I know they aren't crabby patties but the kids got a kick out of the name so I figure it's close enough. My 7 year old Aidan said, "Are these really crabby patties?!" :o)

I got the recipe from Whole Foods but I instead of using salmon fillets I used canned wild salmon. Here is the recipe

Salmon Patties
3 Tbl olive oil
3 cans wild salmon (about 16 oz)
Salt & ground black pepper to taste
2 zucchini (about 1 pound), finely grated and squeezed firmly to remove excess water
1 tbl Organic Dijon Mustard
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup Plain Bread Crumbs
Lemon wedges

Break the salmon into small flakes in a bowl. Add zucchini, mustard, egg and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and toss gently to combine. Form salmon mixture into 16 (3-inch) patties, coating each lightly in breadcrumbs. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Cook half the patties, flipping once, until deep golden brown and cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes total. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and season with salt; repeat process with remaining patties. Serve salmon cakes hot, with lemon wedges on the side.

P.S. Out of 4 kids 1 loved, 1 liked, 1 thought it was OK, and 1 didn't like it at all. That's pretty normal around here!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails