Monday, July 6, 2009

Eating on the Run


So far my summer has been flying by quickly because of all the things we have going on. Keeping my family fed on the run has been a real challenge. Here are some quick tips that might help you out during your busy times.


Cook Once, Eat Twice

When we get our grill going we cook up loads of food. We double or sometimes even triple our chicken, fish, or other meat. We use the extras to throw in salads and wraps. We also make quesadillas, tacos, or fajitas with it. I also cook up a large pot of pasta or rice as a base for easy side dishes or light main dishes.


Cut Once, Eat Twice

Same goes for chopping. When I start cutting up veggies for dinner, I keep on cutting so I have extras to add into pasta dishes, salads, or those yummy fajitas. When it is easily accessible, it is more likely we will eat it.


Take Advantage of Mother Nature

There are so many quick and easy snacks that we can just grab and go. I make sure to stock up on a variety of fruits and veggies that don't need too much preparation. A quick wash and maybe a rough chop and we are out the door.


Be Ready For a Snack Attack

Having portion sized snacks read to go makes it easy to pack and run. I like to make up a trail mix and divide it up into serving sizes. I love adding Goji Berries and Inca Berries for a Superfood boost. I also bring along small containers of hummus to dip our veggies in. I love the garlic flavored hummus I get at Costco. Yum!


Got any fast and easy tips you would like to share?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails