Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Out of the Mouth of Babes

I love kids! They are so cute and so uncensored. This is a true story about a conversation I had with a group of kids. You gotta love it!

The other day we were sitting at the pool with about 8 kids. They were taking a break and most of them were eating ice cream. The smallest little girl engulfed her Sponge Bob Popsicle before any of the other kids and I made a comment about how much she loves her sugar.

From there the conversation took off. The older boys (9) started telling me that they didn't eat that much sugar...their Popsicles didn't have much sugar in them. Of course I had to correct them and let them know that they were eating just as much sugar as their little friend.

They proceeded to tell me about how they liked vanilla ice cream and that didn't have any sugar in it. Ha, I assured them that it did. Then someone said they thought maybe they should just get sugar free ice cream. Of course I told them how sugar free items are usually made with chemicals that were not meant to be eaten.

Then someone asked if that's what's in diet pop. I told them that it was. A few of them said they knew it was bad for you. One even said that if you drink 2 diet drinks a day for a long time you could get cancer.

Then one of them said, "Well, I guess that's why they call it DIE-it pop!"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails