Friday, June 11, 2010

Mosaics and Tea

Something you may not know about me is that in my life before becoming a Holistic Health Coach and Emotional Release Practitioner, I was a mosaic artist. I traveled the world learning mosaics from some of the best artists in the field. I even taught mosaics in my community.

One of my trips was to Philadelphia to work with this eccentric artist named Isaiah Zagar. It was an interesting concept for a workshop. Basically we got a tour of his studio which is a wild place and then he put us to work. We broke massive amounts of tiles and then we moved to the site of his new mural and he put us to work. The next day we went back and grouted. Basically the workshop participants were his workers. My dad was impressed. "You mean you pay him to do his artwork? Genius!"

Well you might imagine it was strenuous work and it was hot. One day for lunch one of the other women in the class and I went to a local Thai restaurant and I ordered my first glass of Thai Tea. I was hooked! I loved the taste so much. Having a major sweet tooth, it was my kind of drink.

For those of you who have never had Thai Tea it is a different flavor. I've noticed that people either love it or hate it. The traditional drink is made with a blend of tea and spices, heavily sweetened and then topped with cream and sweetened condensed milk.

As a holistic health coach who doesn't eat sugar, caffeine or dairy anymore, you might think my days of Thai Tea are over but you would be wrong. I created my own version that isn't as spicy as the original but tastes delicious. I'm so excited by my yummy drink I thought I would share it with you.

Thai Iced Tea
2 cups of brewed black tea (You can use decaf, I do)
1/8-1/4 teaspoon almond extract
Stevia to taste
Coconut Milk
Ice

Add the almond extract and the stevia to your brewed tea. Fill your glass with ice and pour the tea about 3/4 of the way up. Stir up your coconut milk and pour on top of the tea. Enjoy

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails