Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Nutty Monkey

It's a rare night when we have nothing going on and we get to stay home and enjoy a leisurly dinner. Tuesday night was one of those nights and I can't tell you how thankful I am when I get them. We grilled some adobo chicken I marinated and had some Spanish rice with it along with a nice fresh salad. Of course I had my hubby grill up some steak so we could enjoy that for dinner on Wednesday. I am always thinking ahead.

On these nights when we have no where to be and nothing to do I get a hankering to make dessert. It just seems like the thing to do. I don't like to give the kids a lot of sugar and junky desserts though so I decided to whip up a dessert with fruit and natural ingredients that the kids would love...and they did!

Nutty Monkey
Serves 4

4 Tablespoons butter (organic)
4 bananas sliced in rounds
3 Tablespoons peanut butter (organic)
1 Tablespoon honey (raw and local if you can get it)

  1. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the bananas and cook for a few minutes.
  2. Remove the bananas with a slotted spoon and put in serving dish.
  3. Turn the heat to low and add the peanut butter and honey to the butter in the skillet.
  4. Cook and continue to stir to make a sauce.
  5. Pour over the bananas and serve.

Note: If you want to go dairy free use coconut oil or ghee in place of the butter. You could sprinkle with chopped nuts, coconut, or even a teeny tiny bit of mini chocolate chips. The portion is small but a little goes a long way!
Forgive the picture. I know it doesn't do the recipe justice.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails